Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 124: Books on Food and Eating Well

Treehugger has a NEW list of 7 books about eating well to follow their similar list from 2008 of 9 books about food.

I've read....
2008 list
  • 100 Mile Diet (recommended)
  • Omnivore's Dilemma (recommended)
  • In Defense of Food

2010 list
  • Food Matters
  • Food Rules

I haven't read....
2008 list
  • Food Security for the Faint of Heart
  • How to Cook Everything (I own Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" one though!)
  • The Oxford Companion to Food
  • The No-Nonsense Guide to World Food
  • Stuffed and Starved (Raj Patel also wrote The Value of Nothing, which I liked very much, and he is also coming to speak at Elon in September.)
  • Where Our Food Comes From

2010 list
  • Diet for a Hot Planet (read her mom's "original", Diet for a Small Planet, back in the day)
  • Edible
  • Empires of Food
  • Agricultural Urbanism

Guess I have some reading to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment