- 100 Mile Diet (recommended)
- Omnivore's Dilemma (recommended)
- In Defense of Food
- Food Matters
- Food Rules
I haven't read....
- Food Security for the Faint of Heart
- How to Cook Everything (I own Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" one though!)
- The Oxford Companion to Food
- The No-Nonsense Guide to World Food
- Stuffed and Starved (Raj Patel also wrote The Value of Nothing, which I liked very much, and he is also coming to speak at Elon in September.)
- Where Our Food Comes From
- Diet for a Hot Planet (read her mom's "original", Diet for a Small Planet, back in the day)
- Empires of Food
- Agricultural Urbanism
Guess I have some reading to do!