Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 66: Use castile soap

After reading about both Colin and Vanessa using castile soap during their eco-stunts, I decided to find out for myself if this works. Lowe's Foods on University Drive carries Dr. Bronner's castile soap in both bar and liquid forms. I decided to buy liquid and almond scented (the green bottle, pictured below).

The soap works pretty much just like "regular" soap, so no real story there. When I peeled the paper inside-lid cover off, one drop got in my eye, and that was pretty painful, so be careful.

The oddest thing about the soap is that it's packaged in a very strange bottle covered in words about things I don't understand, most of which sound vaguely or explicitly religious, though it's hard to tell what religion they're from.

The bottle claims to be made from recycled materials, and it says that all its ingredients are fairly traded, etc etc.



The soap cost $6.99 but I only have to use 4 or 5 drops to get a decent clean - and it even has some lather. I'd say this is very economical. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I've probably only used 5% of the bottle. Win-win!

so far...

Pocket: 7, Planet: 13, Win-Win: 44

No comments:

Post a Comment