Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 47: Organic half-n-half

Since I'm stuck with a coffee addiction because I'm too much of a baby to give it up (so much asceticism, so little time), I might as well green it up. We've discussed this at length before on this blog (Megan's addiction and Tony's addiction), but I've not considered the pocket/planet question of the half-and-half.

Regular half-and-half costs about $1.89 per quart at the store. Organic Valley (the only organic brand in our grocery store) half-and-half costs $3.99 and I've never seen it on sale. The local dairy we like so much does not have half-and-half or cream in this grocery store. I joined Organic Valley's email club and got one coupon for $1 off two items. Not exactly huge savings.

That's quite a difference in price. No way to skew this for pocket, since I'd use the same amount no matter whether it's organic or conventional. Planet wins this round.

so far...
Pocket: 6, Planet: 12, Win-win: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment